Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2011

Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof

The reality principle means to find "ways to gratify the id that the outside world will find acceptable." The reality principle is part of Freud's personality theory.

When I read about the reality principle in our textbook, I had to think about a German saying. It is not directly related to Freud's theory of personality. However, it has a lot to do with reality:

Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof!

Directly translated it would mean something like: Life is not a pony farm.

English sayings related to the German one would be:
Life wasn't meant to be easy.
Life's not a bed of roses.
Life's no walk in the park.
Life's no bowl of cherries.


I really had to laugh, when I found this sign: It crosses out the "Real World" and the Pony farm will be there in two kilometers.

Sometimes I just wish to leave the real world, especially when there are exams, and just spend my life on the "Ponyhof"!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen