Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2011

Pasta, Pasta e Pasta!

Before I came here I definitively knew, that the food in the US would be way different from home. Having an Italian background my normal food at home consisted mostly of pasta in varying forms. I ate pasta nearly every day and who now thinks that this is boring has no knowledge about all the different kinds of pasta:

Pasta col sugo, Trofiette col pesto, Pansoti con salsa di noce, Lasagne, Tortellini in brodo, Tortelloni, Pasta all`amatriciana, Pasta col sugo di pesce, Pasta col sugo di oliva, Pasta con sugo di funghi e panna, Pasta con le vongole, Gnocchi al pesto,...

I could continue endlessly. There surely is one sauce of pasta for every day in the year!

I do not want to judge the typical American food (ok, yes maybe I want to), because there are exceptions to it.


Just let the pictures speak for themselves!!!


As I experience it every day in the dining hall. For me typical American food is:

Burgers, fries, onion rings, sandwiches and a lot of Mexican food.









Now please, consider carefully each one of the three following pictures! 
Pasta col Sugo


            

Trofiette col Pesto
Pasta con Funghi










 I really like you Americans, but in food matters you can learn some things and I am not speaking about Macaroni and Cheese!


Pasta: Non c'è qualcosa più buono nel mondo!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen