Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2011

Prints & Books

I love this ad, because it really shows how I feel about print media. I am not that much a newspaper reader, but I love books. Holding a book in your hand instead of staring at your computer (like I am doing in the moment) makes a huge difference in the reading experience. In my opinion you are more likely to be part of the story, when you can actually feel the book. In my opinion reading books on computers or i-Pads creates a distance between the reader and a story.

Even better are letters and postcards that I receive. To have something where a person invests the time to write it by hand is a very nice gift. Related to the theory of extended self, the writer invests part of his or her self in the letter. That makes it more valuable because he is somehow connected to the paper.

1 Kommentar: